Location : Laval
Are you passionate about property management and want to join a dynamic and growing company? Are you interested in managing a portfolio of prestigious commercial properties? Do you want to be responsible for your own business plan? Are you looking to work with a team that supports you in meeting your goals? If you consider yourself a self-motivated, service-oriented individual with previous commercial real estate experience, we’d love to hear from you!
Why consider this position at Alcovi?
We value our employees. They are a highly respected, close-knit team that understands what is at stake for our clients. We are a rapidly growing company with over 6 million square feet of real estate assets in the greater Montreal area and several major projects underway.
We offer an attractive package including:
- A competitive salary commensurate with your talent and experience, as well as performance-based incentives.
- Eligibility for the RRSP program with employer contribution.
- A generous vacation plan.
- A comprehensive benefits package.
- Various activities within the company.
Essential skills & responsabilities
- Foster a spirit of teamwork, collaboration, and unity among all departments.
- Lead by example, exhibit impeccable professionalism and outstanding level of integrity that will gain the trust and respect of staff and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a strong motivation to deliver exceptional customer service and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Communicate with precision and clarity and provide performance feedback whether through department meetings, one on one meetings, and customer interactions.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and use this strength to nurture strong relationships with clients.
- Develop and implement the approved strategic operating plan for each property with an eye towards owner objectives and maximizing NOI.
- Oversee the property’s financial performance including preparation of operating budget, periodic financial monitoring and reporting.
- Participate in monthly financial reviews with the Director of Property Management to ensure timely delivery of key performance results and the advancement of priorities.
Client relations & customer success
- Build a positive professional relationship with owners, tenants, suppliers, and partners.
- Promptly responds to and addresses daily inquiries from tenants to build loyalty and ensure long term tenancies.
- Deliver on customer success objectives by achieving desired outcomes with an eye not merely towards tactics and transactions but by fostering exceptional customer service levels.
Leases – correspondence – accounts receivable
- Ensure tenant compliance with obligations under the terms of lease.
- Exhibit full understanding of the operating cost recovery clauses in leases.
- Respond to and follow-up on all escalated legal and receivables issues.
- Collaborate with Leasing teams for site tours and provide information pertaining to expiries, rental and recovery rates, vacancies as needed to support leasing activities.
- Ensures the accurate, timely invoicing and collection of all amounts due from tenants.
- Ensure timely distribution of annual pre-bill and year-end adjustment billings.
- Timely review of year end operating cost reconciliations.
Budgeting & reporting
- Prepares and ensures adherence to annual budgets, monthly financial variance reports, operations analysis, capital plan and ensures that all reports are reviewed and approved by the Director of Property management.
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly reports and assist the Director during quarterly corporate review.
- Have primary responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the properties to ensure that all site operations are in compliance with established policies and procedures as well as the management agreement.
- Engage and manage suppliers and contractors to ensure that all required services are being performed in accordance with service level agreements and within budget and at competitive costs.
- Look for innovative ways to improve maintenance and reduce costs.
- Conduct property inspections in the context of reviewing and improving the asset plans and ensuring quality control.
- Liaise with internal experts and consultants on life safety and environmental matters.
- Collaborate with Technical Services team on execution of preventative maintenance program and day-to-day facilities management.
- Act as the liaison between property departments to ensure clear and consistent flow of communication is received and disseminated amongst team members.
- Respond to after-hours emergency calls by going to the site and taking the necessary actions required to ensure all emergency procedures are followed and the security of personnel and the property is maintained.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & experience
- University degree with CPM/RPA designation desired.
- Fluently bilingual (English/French) both written and spoken.
- Minimum 5 years working in real estate managing mixed portfolio including office and industrial assets.
- Strong experience with financial aspects of commercial real estate, financial reporting and budgeting.
- Strong literacy in MS Word and Excel (knowledge of YARDI an asset).
- Highly organized, skilled with time management, strong customer service/tenant relation skills.
- Technical facility skills (foundational knowledge of building systems).
- Excellent communications skills (written reports/analysis and oral presentation).
About Alcovi Capital
Having built a reputation as a Trusted Advisor to a discerning clientele of institutional and private owners and investors, Alcovi Capital delivers asset and property management services of the highest quality, while forging solid, long-term relationships founded on transparency, responsiveness and accountability. We believe that the key to our success is attaining complete ALignment with our clients on a COmmon VIsion of strategic goals and objectives. This is the core of our business philosophy; in fact, it’s in our name.
[ Apply ]