Location : Laval
Alcovi Capital proud manager of Espace Montmorency is looking for an extremely dynamic individual who likes to take on new challenges and can perform in a rapidly changing environment and has prior commercial real-estate experience to join the Property Management team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing direct support to the property management team by ensuring that key administrative aspects and basic accounting are maintained in a professional, current and proficient manner.
Espace Montmorency is a 1.3-million-square-foot multifunctional development offering a range of services in an urban environment. Aspiring to LEED Gold certification for the building envelope and LEED-ND for the development’s integration of smart technology, the project is not only on the cutting edge of urban design, but also respects the environment. Through the development’s impressive offering of offices, boutiques, cafés, restaurants, a hotel, residences, and welcoming green spaces, the surrounding community and visitors will benefit from this vibrant new space. A popular destination drawing students, workers, seniors, foodies, professionals, and the merely curious alike—in short, anyone who loves making new discoveries!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Purchase Order and Tenant Work Order Approvals:
- Approve or obtain approval from the Property Manager for Purchase Orders (P.O’s) or Tenant Work Orders (T.W.O’s).
- Issue P.O’s or T.W.O’s as instructed by the Property Manager.
- Receive invoices, match to P.O’s or T.W.O’s, code invoices ensuring accuracy and adherence to budget categories.
- Obtain as per schedule of autorithy, approvals for each invoice and process for payment
- Return incorrect invoices to suppliers and/or contractors for corrections.
- Provide accounting upon demand with information for charges pursuant to a T.W.O. for tenant billing.
- Administer tenant accounts receivable including the preparation and processing of daily deposits, and monitoring/collection of arrears.
- Responsible for follow up with tenants in making the first attempt to collect rental payments by 5th day of the month.
- Assist the Property Manager with information, statements, etc., to continue AR collection efforts (escalations).
- Issue default and/or demand notices to tenants for non-payment of rent.
- Prepare AR monthly reports with detailed narrative comments for monthly AR meeting.
- Prepare and send “Tenant Welcome Letter” including all pertinent administrative documentation related to the Lease for all new tenancies.
- Maintain tenant contact lists and emergency contacts up to date.
- Work with Accounting to prepare correspondence package for year-end reconciliations and new rent schedules.
- Liaise with tenants to answer all questions related to Leases and/or accounting (rent).
Critical Date Tracking & Service Contracts:
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring list of Critical Dates for all assigned leases including but not limited to: Lease Expiry, Insurance, Certificate Renewal, Renewal Options, Free Rent Periods.
- Liaise with Property Accountants and Legal to ensure the accuracy of information.
- Track service contracts (expiry dates, renewals, supplier pertinent documentation…).
Management Reports & Administrative Tasks:
- Assist in the production of the monthly and quarterly reporting by preparing the “base file”.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual Operating Budget.
- Perform a wide variety of clerical and administrative duties including word processing, filing, photocopying, faxing, scheduling appointments, organizing meetings.
Knowledge and experience
- College Diploma or Certificate in Business Administration.
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience working with commercial leases and related documents.
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable experience is required.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook and Yardi system would be an asset.
- Strong bilingual written and verbal communication skills, combined with an approachable manner.
- Thorough understanding of property management terminology, principles and procedures.
About Alcovi Capital
Having built a reputation as a Trusted Advisor to a discerning clientele of institutional and private owners and investors, Alcovi Capital delivers asset and property management services of the highest quality, while forging solid, long-term relationships founded on transparency, responsiveness and accountability. We believe that the key to our success is attaining complete ALignment with our clients on a COmmon VIsion of strategic goals and objectives. This is the core of our business philosophy; in fact, it’s in our name.
[ Apply ]